November 30th is Small Business Saturday ®, which means it’s almost time to celebrate with your favorite small businesses on the Near Eastside! Current small business trends, according to rciaresources.com, suggest a shift of focus towards social media and the internet. But these small businesses still need your support in a more physical form. Wondering how you can participate? Stop by the highlighted businesses to pick up a Small Business Saturday canvas tote bag that will have coupons and other goodies from local businesses inside. That’s right, you can usually always find coupons for big businesses like Home Depot (e.g. visit https://www.raise.com/coupons/home-depot) but it’s less common with small businesses. Well not on Small Business Saturday! Just looking for the coupons? Stop by any of the wonderful businesses below! Several businesses are also hosting special events for the day. A full list of deals, events, and a map of where to find participating businesses is below. You can also find more information on the Facebook event page.
For general information on Small Business Saturday, visit the American Express Shop Small website.
Coupons (must be picked up at participating locations to redeem the deals):
Special Events on Small Business Saturday:
- Grounded Plant and Floral
- Time: 10AM-6PM
- Location: 1503 E Michigan St.
- More information: In addition to 15% off your purchase (with a valid coupon), Grounded Plant and Floral will have the following deals and specials happening:
- Limited edition run of totes
- Flash sale on select items
- Free Grounded swag with $25 gift card purchase
- Macrame pop-up from Knotday
- Great American Donut’s food truck serving coffee and donuts
- Indiana City Brewing: Shelby Street Artisan Market
- Time: 12PM-4PM
- Location: 24 Shelby St.
- More information: In addition to 10% off merchandise (with a valid coupon), Indiana City Brewing is hosting an Artisan Market. Market items will include high-quality hand-made goods including (but not limited to) ceramics, leather goods, and bubble bath mixtures! Find the perfect gift for a loved one, grab a beer, and enjoy our family-friendly atmosphere.
- 8th Day Distillery: Christmas Trees and Cocktails
- Time: 2PM-11PM
- Location: 1125 E Brookside Ave
- More information: 8th Day Distillery has partnered with Heidenreich Greenhouse to sell real Christmas trees in a variety of sizes starting on November 30th. Get a tree, cocktail, bottle, or gift card and make 8th Day your one stop holiday shop!
- Indy Winters Market
- Time: 9AM-12:30PM
- Location: 1125 E. Brookside Ave
- More information: Every Saturday from November to April, come check out up to 70 different small businesses. The Market connects local farmers with city residents by providing fresh produce, along with other goods such as pies, cheese, jams, and more. The market has a SNAP matching program to help patrons triple their SNAP dollars, up to $20 a week. Live music, activities for kids, coffee, breakfast, and lunch available.
- Smoking Goose Meatery: Massive Meat Sale
- Time: 4PM-8PM
- Location: 407 Dorman St.
- More information: Stock up at wholesale pricing for the holidays! Bacon, sausages, smoked meats, and more offered.
- Healthy Harvest Market at Brookside
- Time: 10AM-6PM
- Location: 2828 E 10th
- More information: Healthy Harvest is bringing healthy fresh fruits, vegetables, and groceries to the Near Eastside community! Housed in the Pogue’s Run Grocer building, this market is opening 11/30/19 at 10AM, and is offering 10% off your purchases all day. The first ten shoppers will receive a free t-shirt!
Map of participating businesses:
Connect to the Near Indy Guide for more information about Near Eastside businesses.