Current Strategic goals & priorities
Take a closer look at the strategic goals and priorities the IndyEast Promise Zone plans.
Small Business Support
Develop and deploy a comprehensive small-business strategy, to include:
- an economic mobility district,
- rolling or cyclical small business survey,
- small business toolkit promotion,
- employer roundtable, and
- potential social enterprise and entrepreneurship incubator.
Continue to deploy housing redevelopment programs, to include:
- IDA participant surveys, and
- new consumer lending products.
- Support implementation of the Economic Mobility District.
- Secure local measure of Opportunity Zone investment.
- Arts District: Develop reuse strategies for abandoned theater.
- Deploy designation as 21st Century Talent Region, to include engagement of employers through State career coaching grant.
- Develop and deploy a strategy for postsecondary and/or career pathways, to include: 21st Century Talent Regions, Local Career Coaching, Individual Development Accounts, financial coaching, credit building loan products, matched 529 savings accounts.
Crime Prevention & Intervention, Community Infrastructure
Implement CBCR plan and encourage the use of CPTED principles in redevelopment of commercial corridors.
Support growth of the IndyEast Promise Neighborhood, and develop & deploy a strategy for postsecondary and/or career pathways, to include:
- 21st Century Talent Regions,
- Local Career Coaching,
- Individual Development Accounts,
- financial coaching, credit building loan products, and
- matched 529 savings accounts.
Private Sector Investment
Promote commercial/industrial redevelopment: Sherman Park, Monon 16, Twin Aire, P.R. Mallory Campus.
- Support the Near Eastside Quality of Life Plan.
- Ensure institutionalization and expansion of Grantwriter’s Exchange.
- Engage local funders around a Common Evaluation Framework and database.
- Identify a host for a VISTA recruitment and onboarding clearinghouse to build a local Civic Talent Pathway.
- Ensure perpetual development and distribution of a Funding Newsletter.
- Institutionalize and expand use of goal-oriented committees.